- This event has passed.
Acting 101: The Basics (2/28, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21)
March 7 @ 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
In this Acting 101 Class, students will learn the basics to laying a solid foundation for their work. Through individual and group exercises, participants will begin to identify precise wants, obstacles, and resolutions in a script. With many productions coming to film in Hawaii, this class is perfect for the curious beginner or the seasoned actor looking to stay warm. No experience needed. Recommended for students 18 and over.
At the end of this class, students will have the opportunity to showcase their work to a small group of invited guests.
Class length: 2.5 hours
Max class size: 9
EARLY BIRD PRICE: $125
LATE REGISTRATION: $135
(Early Bird pricing ends 2 days before the first class)
Instructor: Elizabeth “Bipsie” Rian
* Instructors subject to change without notice
- All students should review the improvhi house rules before starting their classes.
- All students must fill out a Covid Survey before each class.
- All students must follow Covid precautions distributed electronically before class.All students must be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus.* Students must show their vaccination card to the instructor on the first night of class only. We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this new world and do our best to keep our family of students and teachers safe and healthy.
* Acceptable vaccinations are Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since the final shot was administered. For Moderna and Pfizer, this means two weeks past the second shot. For Johnson & Johnson, this means two weeks past the first (only) shot.